Indian Jeera Rice
|2 tsp||Cumin Seeds|
|Garlic (finely chopped)||2||Green Chilies|
|2 pods||Ginger Paste||3||Green chilies, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Olive Oil||2 tbsp||Butter|
|Pinch||Salt and Black Pepper, to taste||Handful||Cashew Nuts|
1. Soak the basmati rice in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain and cook in boiling water along with a pinch of salt and 1/2 tablespoon of the butter, until just done. Drain in a colander and fluff up with a fork.
2. Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a wok and add the cumin seeds, cashew nuts and the chopped garlic and saute over medium heat until the cumin splutters and the cashews turn golden brown.
3. If using green chillies, add in at this stage and allow to brown through.
4. Reduce the flame and add the cumin powder and stir for a minute.
5. Then add in the cooked rice, remaining butter, salt and pepper and stir-fry on high until all the ingredients are well mixed with the rice.
6. Serve piping hot with curried meat/veggie of your choice or as a meal by itself with cucumber raita